Announcing the Sixth Annual Meeting of the Evolutionary Demography Society to be held January 10-12 in Miami, FL at the University of Miami, Coral Gables.

The Evolutionary Demography Society, founded in 2013, is focused on conceptual integration across disciplines, most notably human demography and  evolutionary biology (but also ecology, sociology, anthropology, epidemiology, public health). Both demography and evolutionary biology are quantitative studies of population processes. Human populations are currently undergoing profound changes in age-structure, age-patterns of mortality and life expectancy with significant societal and public health consequences.

We are dedicated to hosting a mix of early/late career participants and to providing novel organizational techniques to promote scientific interactions at our conferences across a breadth of fields.  The meetings alternate between Europe and North America. Our first annual meeting, in 2013 at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense, Denmark, hosted by Jim Vaupel, attracted more than one hundred participants and subsequent meetings have been of similar size. They were held at Stanford University, Stanford, CA; Lunteren, the Netherlands; the University of Virginia, Charlottesville; and the Domaine Saint Joseph at Sainte-Foy Les Lyon, Lyon, France. Our goal at the meetings is to maximize participation and interactions among researchers.

We do not have concurrent sessions, we have one session with short presentations: Keynote Speakers give 20 min talks (with 5 additional min for questions) and lightning speakers give 5 min "lightning" talks (with 3 min for questions). Posters may be submitted in conjunction with talks or on their own. We have long coffee breaks and ample time for informal interactions. Usually the afternoon of the last day is devoted to Workshops.

You are invited to: (a) pre-register on our meeting information website, (b) book your hotel through links on our meeting information website, (c) register officially on our fee payment website. Due to payment security issues, we are not permitted to have links between the information and fee payment websites. We are permitted to include both links in an email and provide them here.

MEETING INFORMATION AND PROGRAM WEBSITE <https://evodemovi.weebly.com/> : (1) PRE-REGISTER NOW (help us plan and communicate with you): <https://evodemovi.weebly.com/pre-registration.html>; (2) BOOK HOTELS NOW (we are competing with the Regatta) TO GET SPECIAL RATES: <https://evodemovi.weebly.com/lodging.html>.

REGISTER NOW: MEETING REGISTRATION FEE PAYMENT WEBSITE - (secure payment site not linked to meeting information site): <http://evodemovi.miami.edu/> : (1) Registration payment accepted (credit cards only); (2) Registration fee covers coffee breaks, lunches, banquet, transportation between hotel area and meeting venue, and meeting packet; (3a) Now-October 31, 2018: Student - $35; PostDoc- $85; Faculty/Senior Researcher - $175; (3b) After October 31, 2018: Student - $50; PostDoc - $105; Faculty/Senior Researcher - $225.

FREE REGISTRATION for caregivers/dependents: Please follow these two steps: (1) Pre-register <https://evodemovi.weebly.com/pre-registration.html>; (2) Send email (subject: EvoDemo6 Guest) to: carolhorv...@miami.edu

TRAVEL SUPPPORT: Limited support will be available for portions of airfare, hotel,  potentially on-site childcare. Students and early career participants who apply early will be prioritized for support.  Please be specific about your airfare and child-care needs [the age of the child, the proportion of the $500 per child fee (the estimate from the on-site child care company ACCENT for 2.5 days) that you can pay] and follow these three steps: (1) Pre-register  < https://evodemovi.weebly.com/pre-registration.html>, (2) Register to pay for your registration <http://evodemovi.miami.edu/; (3) Send email (subject: EvoDemo6 Travel) to:  carolhorv...@miami.edu

FROM: Carol Horvitz Nutt, President of the Evolutionary Demography Society, Professor, Department of Biology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124, email: carolhorv...@miami.edu

--
Dr. David W. Inouye
Professor Emeritus