East Carolina’s Department of Coastal Studies invites applications for a
tenured/tenure-track appointment in Applied Ecology. We seek candidates
working to answer significant ecological questions in coastal
environments from an applied perspective.  Candidates working in the
coastal margin (both water column and benthos), tidal creeks, wetlands
and other shallow water habitats, and in estuaries and bays are
especially encouraged to apply. Research focused on ecosystem ecology,
biogeochemistry, or restoration ecology is encouraged, although we will
consider all candidates with strong research records in any area of
applied coastal ecology. Doctorate in ecology, biology, or allied field
required.

The Coastal Studies Institute (CSI), where this position will be housed,
is located on Roanoke Island in Wanchese, NC
(http://www.coastalstudiesinstitute.org), on North Carolina’s Outer
Banks. With a campus spanning 213 acres of marshes, scrub wetlands,
forested wetlands, and coastal and marine ecosystems, CSI is an
interdisciplinary coastal field laboratory with active research,
education and outreach programs. It is currently undergoing significant
growth. This position will be part of a four-person cohort in Applied
Ecology, Ecological Engineering, Integrated Coastal System Modeling, and
Coastal Processes (full ad at
https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/22639).

These positions are part of a major ECU research focus on ocean margins.
We seek creative and rigorous scholars with an interest in working
across disciplinary boundaries to shed light on complex problems
resulting from the interaction of people and the natural environment.
Although these are research-focused positions, we seek innovative
teachers to participate in the department’s interdisciplinary PhD
program and develop place-based classes and short courses at ECU’s Outer
Banks campus.

More information on how to apply can be found at:
https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/22639