> --On Friday, December 20, 2002 12:08 PM -0800 Jon Scott Stevens
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > ECS was once a cool idea, but is now a dead technology.
> >

> Well, if that is the case that's a damn shame. And if so, should one
> not allude to this understanding on the Jakarta homepage ('the
> preferred way of doing things today is <favorite approach>') ??

As the other co-author I'm inclined to agree with Jon on this, but for
different reasons.  Jon has a preferred way of doing things which don't
really include ECS.  I'm working in biotechnology now and have too many
other interests/projects to devote anytime to something I no longer use, so
It's dead in that neither of us is actively developing it any longer.
Judging by the private e-mails I receive and the people I run into who are
using it ECS still fills a niche, and serves a purpose. I still monitor the
list and will continue to support it as long as people continue to use it.
If anyone wants to take an active role in it's continued development they
are more then welcome to.

-stephan