> Is it really a better idea to use ECS instead of DOM
> to greate XML documents (from memory/performance point
> of view)? From what I understand, ECS is just a cool
> way of using StringBuffer.append() operations. Am I
> correct?

No not really, ecs defines an abstract mechansim for creating documents,
StringBuffer.append() is only ever used if you call the toString method on
an ecs element, which is not the recommended way of getting an ecs to spit
out something readable.  You can actually just call
element.output(someoutputstream) and it will write it to the stream rather
then using a string buffer.

> Also, any idea on when ECS 2.00 will be out?

Unless someone picks up where I left off, probably never.

-stephan