Email is a good alternative, but how easily is it used with *current* EDI
suites?  We use Harbinger TLE, and after looking at how the scheduler and
gateway (communications programs) work, it seems that something like *FTP*
would be treated just like any other protocol, but I'm not sure just how
e-mail would work into the system.  I would like to implement EDI over the
Internet using existing tools.

Great thought, though!