Title: RE: EDIFACT

UNZ01 has the description of "Count either of the number of messages or, if used, of the number of functional groups in an interchange". So, the count should be 5 in your case (5 messages or documents)provided that you were not using the functional group segment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Poynor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 2:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: EDIFACT

Fellow users:

I am in the process of mapping an EDIFACT document and my translator is
rejecting the document, but I think that the document may be in fact
correct.  My translator is saying that the UNZ01 (excuse the ANSI
phrasology) should be populated with a "5".  The document has it populated
with a "1".  The document has 5 transaction sets and one interchange.  If I
am correct, the UNZ segment is the equivalent of the ANSI ISA segment.
Using that logic, shouldn't a "1" be correct since I am dealing with only
one interchage??

Any help on this will be MUCH appreciated.

Brian Poynor
EDI Coordinator
AIMS Logistics
901-854-2442