Ian Williams, of Canada Maritime, asked about "an organisation called
ADEEP."  He's tried "a web search but can find no details."  Regarding
ADEEP, Ian writes:

   Apparently they provide EDI solutions to the smaller business,
   they provide software that presents a form on the screen and
   once filled in converts it to an EDI message. I believe they
   also have software that works in reverse, i.e. take an EDI
   message and convert it into a form.

Dear Ian:

It behooves us all to remember that the value of a search engine is in
opposite relation to its market capitalization. But that aside, ADEEP is
the Aligned Documents and Electronic Equivalents Project from SITPRO,
the Simpler Trade Procedures Board in London, at
http://www.sitpro.org.uk/.

Normally I would never mention any vendor other than FORESIGHT, whose
TradeSite is the world-dominant solution in the Web-EC marketspace.  Not
being a compulsive name-dropper (because I'm addicted to the
melodiousness of my own moniker),  I still must point you to my good
friend, Sue Probert of Electronic Trade Services.  Sue could undoubtedly
help you in all areas related to international trade and transport,
including SITPRO, ElecTra and ADEEP  Her web site is at
http://www.ets-edi.co.uk/.  Give her a call at +44 (0) 1332 342080.  Or
write Sue at [EMAIL PROTECTED] - it's my job as EDI busybody to know the
whereabouts of all EDI people and she is probably at the Paris EDIFACT
EWG this week.

Getting back to search engines, I suggest that you use a simple text
index like Northern Light, at http://www.northernlight.com/, or the
example, using the former, Northern Light, with the arguments "adeep
EDI" you can come up with a number of relevant links, including some
articles by Sue Probert regarding ADEEP.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Memorial Pkwy.
Dublin, OH USA 43017-3305