maybe we should encourage the formation of ALMOST-EDI-L or SORTA-LIKE-EDI-L

-----Original Message-----
From: Deborah Dennis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 3:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dismay (was: Retrieve files from Web Site Unattended?)

Rich Hurd wrote ...

Hel-LO, people... isn't this why we have standards in the first place?
Isn't this the raison d'etre of EDI to begin with?
Am I just being a Luddite here, or does this sound incredibly stupid to more
people than just me??

Rant over.

I have to agree with Rich.  It makes no sense to switch from an automated
system
using EDI standards to something which requires manual intervention and
custom
coding.  This approach is all well and good for the SME's that don't have
the
time or money to put into using conventional EDI but for those who are
already
using it this is a step backward.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com