The discrepancy between the invoice and the customs document
could be caused by invoice goods being sent over in more than one
shipment.  The shipper will prepare customs document focused on
the contents of one shipment, ie, what will cross the border in one
truck or ship.  If you don't receive another customs document for
those missing 200 widgets, then you have a problem.

Its also possible that Customs requires reporting in units of thousands,
rather than eaches, in which case 1000 is 1200 rounded to the
nearest thousand.

Howard Parks
1 Peter 4:10