From: D'Anne Weitzman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FTP and Encryption

I am curious on this also, so please reply to the L-Serv with answers.
Thanks.
D'Anne

"Lanoue, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/28/2000 10:18:17 AM

Please respond to "Lanoue, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:    (bcc: D'Anne Weitzman/ecbridges.com)

Subject:  FTP and Encryption

After seeing the most recent memo's concerning FTP could someone please
really explain how their companies transmission
is really set up?

I am sorry if this sound dumb but the way our FTP works is we have a VPN or
virtual private connection going directly between
our electronic system and AT+T's VAN.  This way no encryption is needed.
Routers of course which sit between our side
and AT+T's are setup so that only certain packets are allowed to be routed
in either direction of course.  But the main reasoning
here for asking is if you site is using your internet link to do FTP this
tells me that you are creating a hole through the firewall of
course on both ends, RIGHT?

REgards,