We are looking into the possibility of writing a 32-bit Windows-based EDI
(X12) translator to run simple maps.  What development toolkits are
available for such a project?

Specifically, are there any DLL-based libraries, ActiveX components, COM
objects, Delphi components, etc. that simplify the tasks of parsing EDI,
standards maintenance, mapping, or other EDI-related development
tasks?  (We have the acknowledgment tracking and communication modules
already.)

One of the main goals of this project is to reduce the cost of runtime
distribution, so those products with high distribution royalties (over $200
per runtime, if not percentage-based) are not suitable.  We would prefer a
product we could license or purchase outright, with no royalties or
percentage-based royalties.

Thank you,

++++
Bill Sorensen, Programmer/Analyst, ASI/EDI Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.asiedi.com

Phil Johnson
EDI Coordinator/Technical Support