From: Tague, Forest [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 10:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Extol EDI translator

Neil Flynn asked for comments regarding EXTOL's translator in the AS/400
environment.

We have been working with EXTOL for about 4.5 years.  We have had a few
bumps in the road (learning curve), but all in all, everything has worked
great!  The EXTOL translator is a powerful tool.  The Auto-mapper is
helpful.  I have not had many occasions to use it, but it can save a great
deal of time if you are developing a basic map.  The version conversion tool
was a time saver when we switched from version 3040 of the standards to
version 4010.  EXTOL issues a  upgrade to their product annually with new
features and enhancements.  They also issue the upgrades after the latest
version of the standard has been released.  Their user conference that they
hold every fall, is also very good.  You can obtain good information not
only about their product, but they help with mapping issues, and you have a
good opportunity to network with the other users.  Their tech support line
is an asset also.  A good feature here is their electronic customer support,
where you can dial into EXTOL, and they can start a session on your
translator to help you if you are having a problem.  They offer basic
training for the use of their translator twice a month, and are starting to
offer advanced training sessions.  If needed, they can jump start your
system and bring people on site.   If you have any questions, or would like
to know about something that I haven't covered, please don't hesitate to let
me know.

Regards,
Forest Tague, C.P.M.
EDI Systems Coordinator