From:   Dave Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, June 14, 2000 12:53 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: What would you use an FTP SP for? was RE: List of FTP
Service Pro viders  &Thank You

FTP is one of the most reliable internet protocols for
transferring files from one compute to another.

Secure FTP is one of the few internet protocols
available for encrypting those file so that they can not
be read by anyone other than the intended recipient.

We are looking for a Secure FTP client that can run with
SSL encryption to enable our customers to use VAN
services that offer Secure FTP using SSL as an internet
protocol.

We have found only two sources: bTrade and Valicert.

The single-uer bTrade client running on W95 or W98 is
reasonably priced.  The bTrade client running on NT
Server assumes is not priced by the User, so it's price
is not so attractive.

Valicert is not eager to sell its Secure FTP client
separately from its FTP Server.

It is not practical to have to run a different FTP
client for each FTP server that one has to connect with.

Any suggestions?

Dave