Dear list,

Our organization wishes to expand its EDI operation by adding a small
mapper/translator to one of our departments.  We are looking for something that runs
standalone on a PC (probably running NT).  The most important criteria is that the up
front cost for the software (2-user licence) and training, plus 2 years maintenance
(which should include phone support, at a minimum) cannot exceed $18,000.  If you are
a vendor, or you know of a vendor who qualifies, we would be interested in knowing
more about  your product.  We are only in the "research" phase at this point, but
information you provide now  will be seriously considered when we move into the
"selection" phase. The other criteria upon which we will base our decision is listed
below:

mapper:

- uses split windows to enable the user to point, click and drag a field from the
source file format to the target file format.
- must be capable of any-to-any mapping
- must support X12 AND have a compliance checker which flags errors.  Support for XML
and EDIFACT is a plus.
- should have some type of user instruction set capable of  complex conditional logic
so that mapping instructions can be customized.
- should be able to map elements from the inner most loop of a multi-loop structure
(in the input file) to the outer loop in the output file, and vice versa.
- should be capable of processing a 50 Mg file in a matter of minutes.
- should make use of user defined global variables, plus provide access to common
system variables such as date/time stamps.
- it would be a plus if it were possible to change the name of the translated output
file "on the fly" based on conditions detected in the input file.

Translator:

- should have a scheduler for automating operations
- should have automatic 997 (acknowledgement) generation capabilities (for inbound
documents).
- should have duplicates checking capabilities using multiple keys other than just
envelope control numbers.
- should be able  to route traffic by ISA/GS envelope ID's.
-  inbound and outbound traffic should be managed by queues
- should have an API, with scripting capability to enable complete automation of all
EDI functions.
- should be able to interface with all common communication packages, including
async/bisync modem technology.
- must have auditing/tracking features, plus historical reporting.
- multi-threaded translators are a big plus.

Thank you for your time.
Please email Travis Corwin at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or else send sales literature to the following address:

Travis Corwin
MIS/6th floor
VHA, Inc
220 E. Las Colinas Blvd
Irving, TX 75063

please, no phone calls at first.

ннннннннннннннннннннннни signoff the EDI-L list,
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]