Hi, Brad

I know a little bit about this type of thing - my prior company was sold
to Tyco Electronics and I had to prepare this type of thing myself.

First thing to do is list ALL of your trading partners, contact names,
EDI ID and qualifier information, and transaction types. Also,  all VAN
information such as mailboxes, logins, billing information and
transmission/reception schedules.
Second, get all of your Trading Partner specs together along with sample
data for each transaction.
Third, get accurate counts of volume both in and out - # of transactions
in per TP/transaction, # of each transaction, # of batches &
transmissions and byte count  - daily/weekly/monthly if possible.
Fourth, document all current and ongoing problems and all new
implementations pending or in progress.

That should take you to where they will come back and ask you specific
information

Kelly Babcock
EDI/Messaging Architect
MedAssets.com