** Attention all FA/997 gurus  -  got a question for you. **

We received a bunch of 810s which contained some duplicate
ST control numbers.  Here is a part of the duplicate control
number data received:

ST*810*4872559.
BIG*20000406*524919-00006**DR4872559***DI.
N1*RE*QUEBECOR WORLD.
IT1*1*240*EA*0.01**CB*FSCOCAT00.
PID*F****FISHER CAT 2000 HWRAP CTND.
TDS*240.
SE*7*4872559.
ST*810*4872559.
BIG*20000406*524919-00007**DR4872559***DI.
N1*RE*QUEBECOR WORLD.
IT1*1*240*EA*0.01**CB*FSCOCAT00.
PID*F****FISHER CAT 2000 HWRAP CTND.
TDS*240.
SE*7*4872559.

Following is the FA we created for the first occurrence
of this particular transaction control number:

AK2*810*4872559
AK5*A

And here is the AK9 of the FA interchange we created:

AK9*P*2172*2172*2153

We created an AK2/AK5 combination for all the STs
that were accepted.  We created NO AK2/AK5 combination
for any of the 'duplicates'.  The only value in the FA
interchange to indicate these failures are the AK9 values.
AK904 being less than AK902 & AK903.  Of course
AK901 indicates the partial acceptance.  We in no way
communicated the control numbers that failed because
of the duplication.
Is this correct?  Should the translator have created
an  AK2*810*4872559/AK5*R for the duplicates?
I realize sending an accept for the first occurrence
of a control number, then a reject for that same control
number may appear confusing.  Seems to me that in
someway other than on the AK9 our translator should
be sending back something on these duplicates?

TIA for any assistance that can be offered.

Donald W. LeGoullon, EDI
Fisher Scientific
600 Business Center Drive
Pittsburgh  PA  15205-1334