Anthony,

I have a notion of what's going on here...May I venture a guess that the data you are having trouble with is coming through an interconnect? I mention that because in the event that data moves from an ASCII to an EBCDIC machine a character conversion needs to take place - and sometimes your delimiters will get mangled in the process.

Here at ICC we could configure your mailbox so that all inbound terminators were mapped to any character (in fact up to 3 characters) of your choosing (at no charge) - this could alleviate your problem - perhaps Sterling could do that for you as well.

The intermittant nature of the problem could be caused by the fact that only certain trading partners (interconnected TP's?) are causing the problem or perhaps only interconnected TP's coming from a certain other VAN (GEIS, ATT, Advantis, etc) might be the cause?

I hope this helps you in resolving what obviously can be a very taxing issue (no pun intended) ---Russ