Excuse my ignorance here.  Thank you in advance for taking your time to
respond to this question.

I'm trying to plan ahead for providing order vis to users of a B2B exchange.

Which document is typically used to identify which lines of an order will be
filled (assume fill or kill scenario - no backorders)?

The 856 (ASN) or the 855 (PO Ack)?

Does the PO Ack contain estimated shipment time?  Or do you typically have
to wait for ASN for that?

Should I assume that I will have to use the 204 (Carrier booking) document
to tie the shipment on the ASN back to the order number or have you seen
instances where the 856 contains order # references?  Assuming all lines of
an order are on the same shipment.

Thanks again in advance.

Tom