Another reason I am reluctant to purchase further Harbinger products is the lack
of delivering everything promised.  TLE 4.2 added new features to it's products
- but where is the documentation on these new features? Their were new books
issued - which were nothing more than 4.1 books with a fancy new cover. I have
repeatedly gone to TLE Support with questions about these new features and told
there is no documentation ANYWHERE and there isn't going to be any.  Harbinger
is focusing on e-v5 and don't think they need to worry about all of us who
bought something else.  With service like that, and a history of software
upgrades that don't work as promised - you'd have to be nuts to DEMAND the
customer solve their problems by buying yet another product.

Matt Park wrote:

> Myself (and many other sales reps, managers etc) have been listening to all
> the discussion back and forth between our users and former users and we have
> been taking the appropriate actions internally to address the issues brought
> up.  One of the main reasons I (and I would presume others) have not
> responded to the group as a whole is that I have been a member of many many
> lists in the past and I like to see an open discussion on both sides without
> sales/marketing fluff.  Typically when a salesperson comes on and tries to
> defend or promote their product they are immediately told that this is not a
> proper forum for that type of activity and I agree.  I am in sales and this
> is NOT a sales list.  It is a discussion list and therefore it is for
> discussing the merits (and demerits) of various products between end users.
> I am not here to shamelessly market my product, or tell you that my product
> is the best thing since sliced bread and how our competition has many of the
> same problems or various and sundry other problems, but rather to address
> issues with my own customers who might not want to mention their problems
> directly to me so that I can better service them and contact them offline
> and off list.  It is also a great way to see how our products are being used
> in the marketplace and what our competition is doing in order to improve our
> own product.
>
> Bottom line is that I did not feel it was proper for me to address the list
> as a whole given my position in the company since, as I have already
> mentioned, this is not a sales list but a discussion list.  However rest
> assured that we ARE listening and we ARE taking actions where appropriate.
> Other than stating that I can't really comment on specific cases that I am
> not involved in.  I do take this list very seriously and attempt to rectify
> any problems and escalate issues properly within our organization.
>
> On a side note I have noticed that quite a few of the negative comments have
> been coming from phantom email adresses such as yahoo and hotmail.  Who
> knows who these people are?  I cannot respond effectively to someone who
> hides behind a secondary/hidden email address in order to bash my product
> without specific details about their particular situation.  If any of you
> with those sorts of addresses would like to discuss particular issues
> offline I wouldn't mind taking the time to at least direct you to the right
> person if I am not your rep.
>
> Finally, I am not here to get into a huge argument with anyone so my
> someone from the Sales force to give you some sort of a response.  Thanks
> for your time.
>
> Matt Park
> Account Executive
> Peregrine's E-Business Connectivity Group
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Fax: (404) 467-3365
> Phone: (800) 555-2989 ext. 3365
> www.peregrine.com

> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Scanlan;Mary
tel;fax:847 473-1373
tel;work:847 473-1957
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:JST Corporation
adr:;;1957 S. Lakeside Drive;Waukegan;Illinois;60085;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:EDI Programmer
fn:Mary Scanlan