    From:   Test, Brian[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Reply To:       Test, Brian
    Sent:   Monday, October 30, 2000 3:03 PM
    To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Subject:        Tading Partner Agreements (TPA)

    I wanted to get the List's opinions on this subject.  I have a couple of
    customers unwilling to sign our TPA, nor do they have one for us to sign,
    and I do not know what to do.  Typically, a TPA is used to identify who is
    responsible for what in legal terms.  I'm no Lawyer (nor do I play one on
    TV), but if there is no agreement, what happens when something goes wrong?

    If something very bad happens and it winds up in court, what would the
    courts base their ruling on?  Is there an implied EC law?  I personally find
    maintaining TPAs to be a boring (but necessary) part of ECommerce.  More
    importantly, I need to CMA (cover-my-xxx) for any future audits.

    Please share your thoughts with me, and as always...thanks.
    Brian Test
    E-Commerce Analyst
    ACCO North America
    300 Tower Parkway