From: Test, Brian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 3:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tading Partner Agreements (TPA)

I wanted to get the List's opinions on this subject.  I have a couple of
customers unwilling to sign our TPA, nor do they have one for us to
sign,
and I do not know what to do.  Typically, a TPA is used to identify who
is
responsible for what in legal terms.  I'm no Lawyer (nor do I play one
on
TV), but if there is no agreement, what happens when something goes
wrong?

If something very bad happens and it winds up in court, what would the
courts base their ruling on?  Is there an implied EC law?  I personally
find
maintaining TPAs to be a boring (but necessary) part of ECommerce.  More
importantly, I need to CMA (cover-my-xxx) for any future audits.

Please share your thoughts with me, and as always...thanks.
Brian Test
E-Commerce Analyst
ACCO North America
300 Tower Parkway