Tom Fennelly said:

> The only proof of delivery is the Functional Acknowledgment - Transaction
> 997. You can have the trading partner return FA's per document. This would
> provide proof that they or their VAN (if the van  is generating the FA) has
> received the transactions. I know of no departmental Proof of Delivery from
> a trading partner.

There are also the TA1 and TA3 segments which confirm receipt of the
whole interchange regardless of content (provided the ISA wasn't so
broken that it couldn't be parsed at all).  Then there is TS242 which
can be used to enquire and report on hte status of an interchange,
effectively carrying the same information as the TA3 segment in a
user transaction set.

Lastly, of course, TS824 can also be used to generate a user application
level acknowledgement.

Jonathan