Patrick,

I've worked with TIE Commerce (and predecessor companies St. Paul Software and EDI
Solutions) on behalf of several clients for about eight years.  I would give them
excellent grades in
customer support and service, especially over the past couple of years.  Most of my
experience with them has been with the EDItran (on MVS and DEC) and EDImap, which are
"mature" products,
so they tend to be quite stable in terms of day-to-day operations.  However, when we
have had problems with new implementations or questions about how to do something,
they are extremely
accessible; I've found that about 80% of the time their tech support people will
answer the question or resolve the problem on the initial phone call (which is almost
always answered by a
real person).   Almost all of the other 20% of calls have been taken care of within
one business day.

FYI I've never worked for them or received any compensation/commission from them.  I
just like their approach to product support.

Bob Sigsworth
EDI Consultant, The EDI Source
North Ridgeville, Ohio
1-800-708-1790