Mohan, I have to side with "A" here.

> I would like to differ on your description of EDI being a *process* and
> not
> a data format structure.  Everywhere you look EDI is defined as the
> "Computer to Computer exchange of data in a Standardized Format".

Nowhere does it say in your definition what the standardized format has to
be.

> You need the data formats supported within a particular EDI standard to
> carry out the *process* of EDI that you are referring to.  The data
> formats
> are the pillars of EDI.

What about data formats that are not supported within a particular EDI
standard?
Does that mean that the data exchanged between these two systems are not
EDI?
I put it to you that the format, as long as it's agreed upon by the trading
partners involved, is immaterial.

Except if it's XML.   XML will NEVER be EDI.   :-{)