There seems to be two types of 800 lb EDI gorillas.

GORILLA PACIFICUS seems to like working with others 800 lb gorillas.
They join industry groups and work towards common standards.

GORILLA HORRIBILUS is what I think many of the people sound like we have
day-dreams of being.
One mighty roar is what it takes to get your vendors to all do what you want
all the time.
The vendors can not pass on the costs or complain because of fear.

regards Paul