It sounds good.  In order to use the SSL feature, you would need an
SSL-enabled FTP server on the other end.  I have not tried this personally,
but with the following software you can supposedly turn an ordinary Unix FTP
server into an SSL-enabled FTP server via "inetd magic":
http://www.rickk.com/sslwrap/.

--Joe

--
Joseph Kellett