From: Sanjeev Gupta
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 5/20/01 7:17 PM
Subject: Question about 271

Hello again,

I recieved a lot of responses. Thanks a lot. But my problem is
different.

I have heard that a Federal Regulatory Board requires all Local
Telephone
Service Providers to implement X12 Transaction Set 271 in order for them
get in to the business of Long Distance for the customers of the area,
where
they are providing the Basic Telephone Service. I heard that because of
this
regulation QWEST is unable to provide the long distance service (QWEST
use
to provide long distance service before they took over US West) in
almost 14
states.

Now I wanted to know what exactly they require them to do with the 271
transaction set? I know it has something to do with sharing information
with
CLECs (Compititive Local Exchange Carriers )

Thanks,
Sanjeev Gupta