Paul,

I think Jonathan's query was how and in what format do you return the
results of your post-processing industrial-strength validation. Your
response seems to imply that you do capture the results (obviously) in some
database, but how and when those results are communicated back to your
trading partner are unclear.

For example, if the industrial strength validation of an 810 invoice
products exceptions/errors, how do you report that result to the originator
of the invoice? If processing a 850, how do you report back...same for an
832, 845, or many of the other transactions that are in somewhat common use?

As you no doubt know, the 850 is the only one of the transactions I
mentioned above that has a "turn-around" transaction, i.e., the 855. There
is nothing similar at all for the 810, 832, 845 and many other transactions.
What do you do with these? And how automated is your results reporting to
the transaction set originator?

Cheers back!

Rachel
---

|And you return the results of the IMMEDIATE post-processing industrial-
|strength program in ... ?
|
|Jonathan

I am not sure if I understand your question, but ...

Valid results are stored in the live databases, invalid results are either
a) printed and stored if human notification is required because of business
issue (i.e. invalid pricing)  b) sent back to the Trading Partner and stored
if TP notification only is required (products no longer available).

Cheers,
Paul