Robyn:

I have no suggestions for question 1 yet.

For question 2:

Have you tried archiving old data.  I had that problem here and found that they were not archiving data.  I set up procedure that archived my data for anything that was older than 45 days.  After I did that everything moved at a pace that I could live with.

Glenn K. Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior EDI Systems Analyst
Re:SOURCES EDI Department
248-458-8175

>>> Robyn Noble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5/30/01 12:05:43 PM >>>
       Hi Everybody!

       I have a couple of quick Gentran questions that I am hoping
       someone can help me with:

       We currently are using Gentran Server for Windows NT running on
       Windows 98 for EDI and we have an AS400 that everything else is
       on.

       1)  Any suggestions on how to check to make sure that for
       outbound files everything that comes out of the AS400 makes it
       all the way out to the VAN?  Currently it is a manual and very
       time consuming process where two different reports are
       run...one from the AS400 and one from Gentran and a person has
       to go through each making sure counts match.     I know how
       checks were done at my previous company but am hoping someone
       here has a better solution.

       2)  Right now Gentran is running extremely slow, even just to
       look up trading partner information and translating even one
       document is painfully slow.  I am working with someone from
       Gentran to figure out what the problem is but was hoping
       someone else on the list experienced this and could give me a
       quick fix.   This has been this way for a very long time.
       There is only one computer that doesn't have this problem and
       the only difference is that Windows NT is running on it not
       Windows 98.  I was told that is not the problem.   Any/all
       suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

       I know this isn't the most exciting topic but this list has
       without a doubt been one of the best resources I've ever had!

       Have a great day!!

       Robyn Noble
       New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc.
       ECommerce Project Leader