"Bhushan V. Bandekar" asked about licensing issues around the X12 table
data and how translator vendors supply the standards to their
customers.   There are two issues here:  one is licensing and the other
is how the standards are then supplied to customers.  Regarding the
licensing, I would take DISA's statement as the definitive answer.  If
you want clarification, contact them directly.  Regarding what most
vendors do, all the packages I have worked with provide the standards
with the product.  However, in most cases the standards data has been
transformed into a format unique to that vendor's product, so customers
are not getting the original, raw table data as purchased from DISA.
All of the products allow you to view and access the data in one way or
another.

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com