I have a project where a low-cost translator needs to be integrated
into a multi-vendor application.  Price is a major consideration, as
the entire package has to fall below a pre-set price point.  Also note
that I don't need the translator to perform a lot of complex
functions.  I just need basic abilities.

I need the translator to be able to do the following things:

1.  X12 to flat file
2.  flat file to X12
3.  Run-time version acceptable as long as one development version can
be purchased
4.  Functional Acknowledgement reconciliation would be preferred
5.  Easy to update maps.  (i.e. send out a new map to between 100 and
1500 sites using the software)
6.  All maps and setup will be developed centrally and then sent out
to the different locations running the translator
7.  The translator needs to be a 'black box'.  A custom application
will be making calls to the translator for setup, translation, and to
retrieve reports.  It is preferred that the custom application user
does not ever see any of the translator screens.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for me.  Please include any
contact information that you may have for the vendor.

Thanks,

Mary DeGroot