In a message dated Tue, 17 Jul 2001  7:20:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Jim Divoky"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Comments inserted below :
> It would help to know what release levels you are talking about.  Also, when you say
>UNIX support issues are you
> referring to IP's internal support or Sterling Commerce's support for your release
>level or what?

Gentran:Basic 6.0
Gentran:Server 5.2
Internal to IP

> I wasn't aware that ALE capability was available for GENTRAN:Basic MVS but there are
>a lot of things I don't know.

The ALE capability is only available on the unix platform.  That is why we orginally
moved to the AIX.

> How long have you been off the mainframe?  I helped install and train on the initial
>installation of GT:Server for
> UNIX at IP as a Sterling Implementation Consultant back in 1996.

We are currently still using both translators.