>From my experience of dealing with WalMart, here is what I deduced; They use
a 2 steps process in dealing with EDI documents (at lest invoices).

Step 1 Coarse to medium-fine translation/verification of your EDI document,
specifically guideline syntax verification, with some PO cross-verification
(unit price, quantity, item number, invoice total...)

Failure at this step will (almost always) generate an 864 and a negative
997.

Step 2 The "passed" invoice gets kicked "upstairs" to AP. Failure at this
step MIGHT generate a phone call.

It usually takes between 6 to 12 hours for an incorrect invoice to generate
a negative 997, 864. And a maximum of 3 days for the invoice to be shown on
Retail Link. Passed this period your invoice is more than likely rejected.
To find out why, you need to call WalMart and speak to somebody from their
accounting dept.

Other useful tip: Try to develop a relationship (business of course)with one
or 2 people at WalMart EDI dept. and stick with them, they will more likely
go out of their way to help you if they remember you. (in a good sense of
course)

Any way this was my proverbial 2 Canadian cents, anybody who has a better
understanding of WalMart inner working, please enlighten me.

Gregory Jean-Baptiste
EDI Coordinator