Hi there Lorenzo,

GE ecXpress retains data for 30 days for free on the Australian processing
center.
GE EDI*EXPRESS MKIII in the U.S. retains data for 3 days for free and may be
increased on demand to a maximum of 45 days with storage charges.
GE EDI*EXPRESS MK3000 in the U.S. retains data for 14 days for free and is
not adjustable.

Local EDI software is usually configurable as to how long you wish to retain
data, for example GE's Integrator Level 4 allows retention locally up to 999
days.

I generally recomend to have a minimum of 7 days retention on the VAN
service if you can get it.
(I have found this to cover the majority of "what if's" that crop up from
time to time).

I do not think it would be wise of me to comment on other VAN's, but suffice
to say, some only allow a maximum of 24 hours retention on the service.

Best Regards,

Michael Burbury
GE ecXpress
System Administration