From: Amanda Dorsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 6:21 AM
Subject: EDI for Healthcare

> Hello all,
>
> I work at a large healthcare provider organization that is assessing the
feasibility of conducting EDI transactions with our top 5 insurance payers.
I am interested in hearing from anyone in the Healthcare industry who has
recently converted their PA/PM systems from sending the electronic HCFA 1500
or UB92  (or other non-standard proprietary formats like NSF) to sending the
standard "HIPAA compliant" transactions.  Specifically, what measurements
did you use to conduct your ROI or CBA for converting to EDI?   Who
participated in the assessment?   How long did it take?   Any information
you could share would be very, very, very much appreciated.