Hi Dave,

Right now we are looking at both an in house solution and VMI packages.
We have JBA and it does have some sort of VMI piece however we do not know
entirely what it is capable of doing at this point in time.     While we
are researching that we of course want to have other possible solutions in
case what JBA has does not fit our needs w/ Nexcom and whomever else we
might be doing VMI with in the future.  I have not been given a deadline
yet...but as I'm sure everyone on this list has experienced...that usually
means they want it done yesterday.

As far as the offshore manufactured products getting delivered
quicker...NB's claim to fame is the good ol "made in the USA" so that is
not one of initiatives.

Thanks for the free testimonial!  If you're ever in Boston stop by the
outlet store and I'll let you use my employee discount...it's a very
generous one! : )

Have a great day!

                    david frenkel
                    <frenkel@WORLDNE        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] AT
Internet@nbbost01@ccmail
                    T.ATT.NET> AT           cc:     (bcc: Robyn Noble/NBAS)
                    Internet                Subject:     Re: VMI

                    08/13/01 09:44
                    PM

Robyn,
there are several Nexcom's but I assume you mean the U.S. Navy Exchange.
Not to ask a leading question
but are you looking to purchase a VMI package or are  you developing it in
house?   I don't know a lot of
details specific to NB but the retail industry is working to get delivery of
offshore manufactured products quicker
which would tie into VMI.  One of your major competitors was in the press
lately as I'm sure you are aware of
on these issues.  There are a number of logistics and warehousing magazines
that periodically have articles
on VMI.  Have you checked with the NRF for publications?  One of the big
problems of implementing VMI is
getting historical sales data to help do the forecasting.  Are you trying
to get this up for the holiday season?

As a free testimonial I have been running with NB shoes for about 20 years
and I just took off a pair.
Good luck
Dave Frenkel