If you happen to get a private e-mail from a subscriber to EDI-L which
seems to be replying to an EDI-L posting and adds "Take a look to the
attachment," please don't open or double click the attachment. It's a
virus.

My general philosophy is to trust an e-mail attachment only if I know
the person at the other end.   And more importantly, their writing must
sound like him or her.  For example, only Rachel Foerster can write like
Rachel Foerster, so I'd merrily click away at anything she sent me in
anticipation of feasting on strategic scenarios.

But the terse "Take a look to the attachment" exhibits all the signs of
a non-English speaker who will never master prepositions, and is one of
the hallmarks of a virus laden e-mail.

William J. Kammerer
Rachel Foerster & Associates, Ltd.
Columbus, US-OH