Hello and welcome to the real world!! VANs will not go away just because we now have
the Internet.  Yes we will see a decline in their use but the old tried and true will
continue to be used for many years.  ICC's purpose was to "eliminate" traditional
VANs.  Well "it ain't over till it's over".  I am not a VAN defender but VANS do have
their place and we do not all think or do the same thing.  We don't all drive BMW's so
why would anyone believe that we would all dump our current VAN connects.  There is a
lot of under the covers work that a VAN does that we don't need to or don't want to do
and therefore they have their place.  Are we working toward eliminating our VAN, to a
certain extent yes but will we ever accomplish this? Not in the near future.
Interconnects between VANs is a good thing and most VANs realize that they will never
have 100% of the market and so they work together, like it or not, its a fact of life.
 Business is about making it easy for our customers, wo!
rking together makes that possible.  Paying or not paying may not be the real issue.
Interconnects and ICC have never been a seamless function.

Paul

--- Cindy Tiura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

>interconnect was dropped because ICC was not willing to pay for the interconnect
>between the two VANs. &nbsp;</font>

<HR>
W3Source Technical Network.
Get a free email accout, learn flash, HTML, Web Design, programming, or join our
growing community.
<A HREF="http://www.w3source.net";>http://www.w3source.net</A><BR><BR>

If this message appears to be a spam email please forward it to <A HREF="mailto:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>