The point I was trying to make is that an 830 is never used as a Purchase Order.  It IS used as a release order.  There is a significant difference.  I seriously doubt that anyone has ever sent an 830 or a DELFOR as a purchase order.  Any system would kick it out for manual processing as there would be no match on the PO number.  Apparently, I didn't make myself clear.  Jim Divoky
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: Application-level trading partner integration

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Divoky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 11:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is not correct.  Forecasts are sent to feed the supplier's MRP system.  Fixed forecasts could be used to generate a shipment against a blanket PO but a release order is perhaps more correctly used to initiate a shipment.

LOL  I'll be the first to agree that it's not correct.   You go ahead and tell your customers that what they're doing with their 830s and DELFORs isn't correct business practice.