This is funny how does F know M has product ready to ship???  Usually the
easiest scenarios in such situations is M sends 856's to C and F.  That way F
knows what to pick up, and C can reconcille 850's.

Regards,
-Steve

__________________________________

Greetings all,
I was hoping someone could help me out (again).

I need help figuring out how to populate the Originator/Recipient fields in
my target application header. In our world, the Originator and Recipient are
the participants in a business transaction and are expected to be (usually)
the owners of the business transaction (810, 850, 856, etc...).

For EDI docs, we are mapping the sender/receiver values to our Originator
and Recipient fields in the target application. Specifically, we are using
sender and receiver values from the ISA05, ISA06, ISA07, ISA08.

The issue is that the business entities associated with a given business
transaction within an EDI doc may not be the same as the sender/recipient
pair for that EDI doc.
For Example:

A freight Forwarder(F) sends an 856 to a Customer(C) due to a drop ship
scenario where the product from the Manufacturer(M) is shipped directly by
the freight Forwarder(F) to the Customer(C). The business entities
associated with the SHIPMENT (in our world) are the Manufacturer(M) and the
Customer(C). The Originator and Recipient of the 856 are the Forwarder(F)
and the Customer(C). The Manufacturer(M) never sees the 856, yet is held
responsible for it's contents by the Customer(C).

Based on the above example, how does the Manufacturer(M) normally get the
856? I've suggested that we have the Forwarder(F) forward (no pun intended)
the 856 to us (M) as well, but they weren't too happy about that. They said
that it would be difficult for them to identify the Manufacturer(M) because
their translator is sending the 856 from themselves(F) to the end
Customer(C). They don't have a way to identify which Manufacturer(M) to
forward a copy of the 856 to.

Another third party situation I'm looking at deals with the banking
industry, and I'm sure there's many more. I'd appreciate hearing what
similar situations you've run into and possible solutions you ingeniously
designed.

Thanks, and have a salubrious day...
Kirk Kenneway