Is this a async or bisync modem?  What part is failing?

-Steve

------------------------

Good Morning,
        I am trying to dial up to Sterling Commerce using an IBM767 modem
and seem to be having trouble. I was wondering if anyone else out there had
the same modem and was connecting to Sterling Commerce. I have indeed talked
with Sterling Commerce technical people about it and they have suggested
that it might be a setting that we are both unfamilar with in the IBM
modems. Sterling Commerce is using a Paradyne Modem. We have been through
all kinds of testing and can use the same modem to dial out to Federal
Express and other Value Added Networks. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Bob Reed