Mike

> As a user, I don't belong to W3C, IETF, or ITU either.  But, the major 
> technology vendors *do* belong.  Where does that leave spe-edi.com in 
> relation to X12?

Wherever you want.  We are not a 'major' technology vendor.  We are a small 
company that develops cost-effective solutions to EDI problems.
I (as company owner) do not want to waste hundreds of dollars to join X12 at 
this point.

I would ask how many other people on this list are members of X12 or think that 
the membership fees and publication prices are justified?

Why are you getting so bothered, Mike?  I was complaining about DISA's prices, 
not X12.

> >I am not interested in supporting an organization that is able to spend 
> >$38,000
> >per month for 'occupancy'.
> 
> *Was* able to spend - as you'll note from Mr. Anderson's previous reply the
> current figure is significantly less.

Agreed.  Why did they move?  What were the previous premises like?
Do you think that $38,000 per month was a lot of money?

> I am sorry that you are refusing this invitation to join X12.  As I 
> suggested, your lack of commitment to participation and constructive 
> contributions to X12's situation can only serve to lessen the impact of 
> your concerns.

Thanks for the invitation, but I don't think the fee is justifiable or 
worthwile at this point.  

I congratulate and encourage those people who wish to participate.

I will continue to list free EDI resources on the Internet, contribute to this 
public mailing list and when necessary, complain about practices that need 
exposure.




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, 
<LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to