My thoughts exactly, Dan.  Thank you.

I do apologize to the group, but it was a last resort and I'll happily tell
you who I am and who I work for offline.  We just hadn't gotten anywhere
with other routes, and had hoped to tap the groups infinite knowledge.

<kissup>
Not only has the group gotten me interested in Softshare products (I know,
it's the best - blah blah), it has been a huge asset to me and my
organization.  I have really enjoyed the group through the years - and hope
to continue to do so.
</kissup>

Besides, all of us can appreciate that "EDI" isn't mainstream corporate
terminology yet, particularly for a receptionist.  However -- one day --
<dramitic pause> -- It will take over the world! muhaa!!!

Shawn

On 1/31/06, Dan Mehlhorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  Michael,
>
>       There are time where phone book and directory assistance do fail
> you.
>
>       I have had to find a new contact because when the old contact moved
> on, the
> new person did not send the information to me.  Some times it was the new
> person was not a computer person and EDI was something they only did when
> they had to.  Another reason was we bought a company and their contacts
> were
> out of date.  The trading partner had moved the EDI function to another
> division and did not notify any of the trading partners because there were
> no problems.
>
>       Now, there have been times where you want a contact because the
> trading
> partner in question has such a bureaucracy that you need James Bond to
> find
> the correct person.  I've called places where the phone operators don't
> even
> know what Data Processing, IT, or even where the computer room is.
>
>       I'm sure there are a few more legitimate reasons that people would
> be using
> the EDI-L lifeline.
>
> Dan Mehlhorn
> System Programmer/EDI Administrator
> Crescent Electric Supply Co.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael Mattias
>
> > I have a personal bug (& probably some legal issues too) about giving
> > out previous clients contact info to an anonymous freebie email
> > address.  EDI/eCommerce is collaborative, and someone should be willing
> > to give more info including why you are looking for the contact, what
> > your company and contact info is.
>
> I have a longstanding gripe about the general volume of questions we see
> on
> EDI-L requesting "EDI Contact Info for <company>."
>
> Seems to me...
>
> .. if you are a partner looking to implement EDI with <company>, you have
> no
> need to ask here, because surely "partners" exchange
> contact information with each other.
>
> .. if you are a vendor looking to sell something to <company>, it is YOUR
> job to develop your own 'marketing contact list.'
>
> In either case, however, once upon a time in Ye Olden Days we some tools
> we
> used... maybe one or both are still around. Those tools
> were "the phone book" and "directory assistance."
>
> Michael Mattias
> Tal Systems Inc.
> Racine WI USA
>
>
>
>  .
> Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix:
> <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
> Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
>
>
>
>  ------------------------------
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
>
>    -  Visit your group "EDI-L <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L>" on
>    the web.
>
>    -  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
>
>
>  ------------------------------
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to