Michael,

In an earlier post, you opined, 
>>in Ye Olden Days we some tools we used... maybe one or both are still
around. Those tools were "the phone book" and "directory assistance."<<

Are these anything like superpages.com or google.com?

I can think of another legitimate scenario that I come across all the time.
We have a customer (or 100s) who is not an EDI Trading Partner with our
firm, but I wish to determine if they could become an EDI partner, thereby
improving my utility to the company, and my prospects for continued
employment.  Our sales guys don't want to answer administrative questions
like, "who is their EDI guy?", so I go hunting.  Google is useful for
companies like Frixvitale, but not so good for The Medical Store.  If I find
a site with a phone number, I call the number and try to find a friendly
human to talk to.  It takes skill, but most of the time if I can find a
person, I can get to purchasing or IT, if not the EDI departments.

Susan, bravo for your discernment in not providing contact information to
somebody who does not deign to identify himself/herself.

Is it Friday yet?

Art Douglas
Manager, eCommerce Systems
PaperPak
San Dimas, CA
909-971-5025

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Michael Mattias
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Philips Contact


> I have a personal bug (& probably some legal issues too) about giving
> out previous clients contact info to an anonymous freebie email
> address.  EDI/eCommerce is collaborative, and someone should be willing
> to give more info including why you are looking for the contact, what
> your company and contact info is.

I have a longstanding gripe about the general volume of questions we see on
EDI-L requesting "EDI Contact Info for <company>."

Seems to me...

.. if you are a partner looking to implement EDI with <company>, you have no
need to ask here, because surely "partners" exchange
contact information with each other.

.. if you are a vendor looking to sell something to <company>, it is YOUR
job to develop your own 'marketing contact list.'

In either case, however, once upon a time in Ye Olden Days we some tools we
used... maybe one or both are still around. Those tools
were "the phone book" and "directory assistance."

Michael Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.
Racine WI USA









.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix:
<SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 





.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to