Well,

 

I did use both.

 

So I feel you try to compare UNIX with MS WORD..

Gentran - very good if you need job security, if you can get the management
to pay for it, you can do almost anything with it, you can customize very
well. 

 

Performance EDI - when ECS handled it used to be probably the best package
in the market for under 5000 bux you can have like 10 trading partner
running very nicely. And then for a bit more you can grew your 

                            tp's quiet sizable account, you can run multiple
companies on it etc.

                            Not as flexible as gentran but does a very
decent job, especially when they were the pioneers of the internet based
cheap and fast VANs.

                            I really loved to use it in high demand
environment since the processing was fast and pretty reliable. It is
extremely fast to get it to work.

                            Also after setting it up you won't need a rocket
scientist to operate it. If you need map changes you need to go to them to
do it, so takes longer to converge if you have changes. 

                           But since the trading partners don't change
anymore mappings overnight, I never had any problem because of this. 

                           Not mentioning if you populate your flat files
correctly usually you pass your testing at first try.(I had over 350 tps by
the end so it was an important issue)

                           But the bad news is that ICS purchased ECS, and
changed the support etc, what makes things a bit difficult, but if you get
to someone good, you can be able to stick to that person (I was :-) )

                           instead of working with the general support pool.
They can customize anything for you if you need to, just you need to wait
for them, depending how you can schedule it with them.

  

 

So I feel a bit you try to compare packages what is not meant to do the same
thing.

I am not sure what are you looking for but I need to say I loved my perf.
EDI.

 

Best regards,

Olga B Violett



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to