Walter

I guess if I recommended it, I should reply ;-)

> I'd like to solicit real-world usage of this product from anyone on 
> the list who cares to comment.
> 
> I'd be interested in ease of use, configurability, unattended 
> operation via scripts, troubles/issues with it, support 
> issues/concerns, etc.  I'm interested in this software but have some 
> concerns on the above issue from people who are actually making use of 
> it.

It is easy to install.  Just keep with the default (C:\Program Files\nSoftware 
etc..).  I tried to install it into another folder the 1st time, and it did not 
work.

Like other AS2 server software, it is automatic.  You can check the status of 
the server using a browser.  http://localhost:9080/default.aspx

It requires Microsoft .Net Framework 1.0 or later.

Email support has been ok.  All replies within a day or two.  Most questions 
were due to my lack of knowledge.

Incoming documents are stored in a different folder for each partner ;-(
eg: C:\Program Files\nsoftware\IPWorks EDI V7 AS2 
Connector\as2data\SCMSSears\Incoming

You will have to write a script to collect the incoming data from each Partner. 
 In the example, the Partner is SCMSSears.

Outgoing can be automated so that a write to the Outgoing folders sends the 
document.

Some 'hidden' details:  EDI files s/b suffixed with .X12  Some partners need 
this...

Can be remotely managed, but we usually use pcAnywhere.

I've also used bTrade, and it is very similar.

You can always try the 'free' version.  The price is right ;-)

Earl Wertheimer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.spe-edi.com



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to