Well, maybe to solve this kind of thing, the group may need to take 
certain steps in their reply/response to postings....

I get the "daily digest" of the messages instead of delivery of each 
individual message.  I do this for at least 2 reasons:

1 - There are some threads and messages that I can't help or have no 
interest in...  Those that I don't reply to, for example....

2 - I'd be beseiged by a lot more e-mails per day (sometimes as many 
as 20!) in addition to the 60 + e-mails I get a day.....

So when I want to reply to a post, I just click "reply via webpost" 
in the daily digest and I can reply to just the specific thread or 
topic....

Another reason I do it this way is so that we don't get all 
the "coding" and stuff that goes along with the HTML delivery 
repeated over and over again in "junk" form because messages in the 
Yahoogroups are 'plain text' and none of the formatting works....

It looks like this:

> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> 
> ...
> Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject 
prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
> 
> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for 
work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


And another one that comes to mind is that by doing the daily 
digest - we don't get a "so and so is out of the office" for every 
new post....

Can we (as a group) maybe come up with a standard way to reply to 
posts and messages...?   If you just reply to the original post from 
within the yahoo group, it is a clean and easy post... When you 
reply from your e-mail program (outlook, etc.), it creates long 
strings and trains of e-mail "junk" that yahoogroups can't format 
and shows as plain text....

Just a thought or two....

Craig Dunham
EDI Coordinator
Big 5 Sporting Goods.

--- In [email protected], "Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> Yeah, that bites a lot of legitimate posters to the EDI-L group 
too.  Their message gets identified as spam by the Yahoo filters, 
and they sit in a spam bucket waiting for approval.
>  
> I wouldn't have a problem with this except that spam messages 
don't generate an alert for a moderator to check into it.  So if I 
don't need to moderate a post for a week, and someone hits a 
spamtrap in the meantime, their message can sit in limbo for that 
week and it looks like they just posted late.
>  
> I wish Yahoo Groups would alert us, or at least let us put posters 
on a 'whitelist.' 
>  
>  
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Morrison, Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:50 PM
> To: Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]; [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [EDI-L] No Group Emails Since Dec 13
> 
> 
> Thanks for the assist, Richard.
>  
> It was known spammy links in some of the posts causing filter 
issues on my end.
>  
> 
> Thanks, 
> Martin Morrison 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On 
Behalf Of Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 9:37 AM
> To: Morrison, Martin; [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [EDI-L] No Group Emails Since Dec 13
> 
> 
> 
> I'll check into it, but it won't be till later today... we're in a 
crunch mode on our SAP design effort. It'll be from home this 
evening. I will follow up with you, however.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com> com 
[mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com> com]On 
Behalf Of
> Morrison, Martin
> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:34 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
> Subject: [EDI-L] No Group Emails Since Dec 13
> 
> I stopped getting EDI-L posts forwarded via email as of last 
Thursday
> morning.
> 
> I've checked my account settings and everything appears to be 
correct.
> Nothing in any SPAM filters that I can see.
> 
> Any ideas?
> 
> 
> Thanks, 
> Martin Morrison 
> 




...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to