Hi Wendy-

 

If your logical file is structured correctly, then TL iSeries should read
the files in the correct order and you should still have visibility of the
shipment data once it gets down to the order level.

 

I would suggest exploring the possibility of creating a new logical file and
user file definition within Trusted Link just for this particular map.
Another suggestion would be try to associate the record format containing
the order data one HL level up as a "secondary record".  It might interfere
with other element loading, but it's worth a try.

 

Hope it helps.

 

Mike Kelly, President & EC/EDI Consultant 

Global Data Integrators, Inc.

Marietta, GA

ph: 770-919-9933

fax: 770-919-0580

 

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 

http://www.GlobalDataIntegrators.com 

http://www.gotEDI.com

 

 

Visit my BLOG at http://www.theITentrepreneur.com 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Wendy Emmons
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] Mapping to a Work File

 

I am working with Inovis Trusted Link software on an AS400 machine. I am
trying to create the TD1 information on an ASN in the O level. The
information is coming from an S level record. Mapping directly from that
file to the field I don't get anything. If I map it to a work file I get
zero as the output - it is a numeric field. The only way I can get the
correct information to show up is to map it to the TD1 segment in the S
level and to the work file then from the work file to the TD1 segment in
the O level. The customer does not want to see the TD1 segment in the S
level - only the O level. I do not want to move my record in the file
definition because it will effect other maps I have created that use
that same field. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try,
that I haven't already.


Wendy Emmons

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to