Wendy,

Since you're not working in TL-E (sorry, Art), chances are that the 
only work around you have is to do what you've already done - map it 
to the SHIP level and then to a WORK FIELD and then back to the 
ORDER level.

One other way would be to create a Trading Partner specific spec - 
which you use only for Vendor ABC, that is based upon (a copy of) 
the original spec, but has the appropriate mapping instructions to 
pull the TD1 from wherever and populate it wherever the TP 
requires....

One question I have is why they'd want the TD1 in the Order level 
anyway....?  TD1 is CARRIER DETAILS regarding quantity and weight 
and really doesn't have much to do with the order level - it's 
basically telling you how many cartons are in the shipment and what 
the weight of that shipment is....  Which element are they talking 
about in the TD1 segment...?  I don't really get their reasoning for 
putting TD1 at the order level, since that should just reference 
back the original information regarding the order (PO Number, dates, 
etc.) and has very little to do with the shipment...  I'd be 
fascinated by their reasoning why....

But, then again, they're the customer, and, as the old saying goes:

Rule 1 - The Customer is ALWAYS right.

Rule 2 - When in doubt, see Rule #1....

One last thing - have you asked Inovis about it...?  Whenever I've 
encountered a sticky mapping question, I've put it as a support 
request and found many of the TLi techs to be very helpful... and 
then there is Murray Brook - even more of a base of knowledge and 
ideas for TLi....

Try that route, as well...!

Good luck!!!

Craig Dunham
EDI Coordinator
Big 5 Sporting Goods

PS - let us know what solution becomes your final answer...!

--- In [email protected], "Wendy Emmons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I am working with Inovis Trusted Link software on an AS400 
machine. I am
> trying to create the TD1 information on an ASN in the O level. The
> information is coming from an S level record. Mapping directly 
from that
> file to the field I don't get anything. If I map it to a work file 
I get
> zero as the output - it is a numeric field. The only way I can get 
the
> correct information to show up is to map it to the TD1 segment in 
the S
> level and to the work file then from the work file to the TD1 
segment in
> the O level. The customer does not want to see the TD1 segment in 
the S
> level - only the O level. I do not want to move my record in the 
file
> definition because it will effect other maps I have created that 
use
> that same field. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can 
try,
> that I haven't already.
>  
> 
> Wendy Emmons



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to