From: edk2-devel [mailto:edk2-devel-boun...@lists.01.org] On Behalf Of Jordan
Justen
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:01 PM
To: Laszlo Ersek <ler...@redhat.com>; Leif Lindholm (Linaro address)
<leif.lindh...@linaro.org>; Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org>
Cc: edk2-devel@lists.01.org
Subject: Re: [edk2] Task: Issue Tracking System for Tianocore

On 2016-02-10 15:08:16, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> On 02/10/16 23:59, Mangefeste, Tony wrote:
> > I've gone down the track of using Bugzilla as well.  Aside from the
> > massive list of pros listed below, gathering any other preference is
> > welcomed.  I have used Bugzilla, but never been a maintainer on it.
> > We do have some resources lined up for management of Bugzilla, if
> > needed, so that's not a barrier.  Of course, the devil's in the
> > details.
> >
> > So in short, Bugzilla is top of my mind right now.  I'm looking at
> > other OSS projects and seeing what they use.  If anyone here sees
> > one not listed below or has an opinion that they care to express
> > please do so.  On the mobility view, I'll try to play around with
> > that and see how it looks on my mobile devices.
> >
> > Welcome to real-time decision making, thought process spewing.
>
> I recall that Linaro uses JIRA:
> https://cards.linaro.org/
>
> Oh wait, there seems to be a new URL (still JIRA):
> https://projects.linaro.org
>
> I am (was?) subscribed to a minimal set of CARDs only, in the first
> system; I don't have any real experience with JIRA. Ard, Leif, can you
> please share your thoughts?

As an user of GitHub, Bugzilla and Jira.

Jira: No advantages over Bugzilla. Bigger, and slower than bugzilla. I think it
tries to be flashier than bugzilla (and bugzilla is admittedly a bit dated
looking).

Bugzilla: Works fine. Pain in the but to administer. You have to pay for
hosting.

GitHub: Easy, but simplistic.

I think GitHub is the easier choice, and is good enough. Users will likely
expect to find it used since the source is currently hosted there.

Actually, we are currently using GitHub, so we would be talking about a change
if we moved to anything else. We have 17 open and 18 closed bugs currently
which far surpasses the activity in the bug tracking 'trac' system that we had
on sourceforge for several years. :) (And, I think the same for the collabnet
hosted bugs before that.)

I think bugzilla is an okay choice if it can be paid for (with several years of
funding...). I guess I'd recommend finding a service dedicated to hosting
bugzilla, and not try to set up a server and self-host. It'd be a little
annoying to have a separate bug tracker account.

My vote is to stick with GitHub for now.

-Jordan